NOTE: A Notice of Appearance is filed by an attorney/representative to indicate his or her appearance in the appeal.
NOTE: Once a Notice of Appearance has been filed, the filer may receive automatic email notifications whenever a filing is made on the appeal.
NOTE: Depending on your user account, you may either file a NOTICE OF APPEARANCE (WITH DOCUMENT) or a NOTICE OF APPEARANCE (WITHOUT A DOCUMENT). The NOTICE OF APPEARANCE (WITHOUT A DOCUMENT) should only be used if you have already notified PAAB and the opposing party of your representation in a previous filing. The NOTICE OF APPEARANCE (WITHOUT A DOCUMENT) filing’s purpose is to electronically associate your user account with your client’s appeal.
- Log into PAAB’s e-Filing system.
- Click Existing Appeals or eFile>Existing Appeal from menu bar.
- Enter Docket Number (ex. 2015-077-01500A) into the text box and click eFile.
- Select Notice of Appearance from the Document Type drop-down menu:
- Add additional text if necessary.
- Click Add.
- NOTE: If filing the Notice of Appearance (With Document), you will need to Browse and locate your Notice of Appearance document on your computer to add to the filing.
- Click Add and enter the requested information. When complete, click Save.
- Select the Participant Name for which you are appearing. Click Next.
- Add any additional documents to the filing, as desired. (See Instructions To File to An Existing Case, #4). Click Next.
- Click Submit the Filing.
- You can also Add/Remove Documents, go Back, Cancel (Delete) the filing or Move to Draft.
- A pop-up email message from PAAB will appear which reads: “Your submission is complete. Click OK to file to PAAB.”
- Or you can click Cancel and you will be returned to the review and approve filings page where your choices are Add/Remove Documents, Back, Cancel (Delete), Move to Draft, or Submit the Filing.
- If you clicked OK, your filing will be submitted to PAAB and a message “Your Filing has been submitted” will appear.
- Click on Filing Status or go to the home page and click on My Filings to review the status of your submission. Status may be viewed for 60 days, and can be downloaded so it can be printed or saved on your computer.
- Once PAAB has approved your document(s), the My Filings page will show that the document(s) are Filed.